Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chemo Wigs, Chemo Caps and other Head Coverings

Just wanted to start a post on where to get head coverings for those going through cancer treatment including chemo and radiation. It can get wet and cold in Seattle, so cover that noggin. I have donated some nice wigs to the Cancer Education Center at the Swedish Cancer Institute. I know they have an assortment of head coverings along with tons of great, free, cancer resources. I will write more about that later.

Gilda's Club as well has some chemo caps I believe, not sure if I have seen any wigs there, but I haven't looked too closely. I will make it a point to look when I am there next Wednesday.

Please post any more suggestions you have in the comment section for this post. I will write more later and I finish my searching.

1 comment:

  1. So, I was at Gilda's Club last night and took a look around the other floors, I usually only hang out on the 3rd floor where my group meets.

    They do have free chemo hats. They also have other resources that you might like. These include a computer, strawberry face scrub, snack menus from Mariner's players and other cool stuff. How random is that list huh? :-)

    They, of course, have the normal library of cancer related material.

    Now, that just includes the small items I don't look at very often. Gilda's offers so much more on the large scale, workout room, yoga classes, art/craft room, guest speakers and so much more. I HIGHLY recommend that you check out their web site to see what is going on this month.

    Did I mention it is all FREE?!

    ReplyDelete